All employees in the Public Works Department need to take a stand. The City of Omaha has introduced agenda item #41 for approval by the City Council on January 29th . This contract will allow for the City to utilize private contractors for the repairing of potholes. This is a direct attack on the jobs that we have fought for over the years. One of the essential functions of the AEOI, AEOII & AEOIII positions is to repair the City of Omaha streets. I need each and every individual who values their livelihood to contact your city council member and make your complaint heard. What we need to be heard is: If the City of Omaha values and cares about the employees, then how can you approve a bid that will open the door to giving away our jobs. The repairs of the street can be resolved if management would stop closing out work orders that are repaired with a temporary patch (UPM) and retain the open work order designating a followup to be completed when the asphalt plant is open. It can then be repaired with hot asphalt, which would reduce the number of recurring potholes in the future. If you don’t know who your city councilman is, please visit the link https://citycouncil.cityofomaha.org which will allow you to use a map and find your representative. Remember they work for THE PEOPLE AND WE ARE THE PEOPLE!
Agenda Item #41. Must be stopped. I would like for our members to attend the City Council Meeting on Tuesday at 2:00 p.m. in the Legislative Chambers, 1819 Farnam Street, Omaha, Ne 68183
I cannot stress this enough, everyone must call their councilman and voice this complaint.
1. District 1. Pete Festersen 402 444-5527 email address Pete.Festersen@cityofomaha.org
2. District 2. Ben Gray 402 444-5524 Ben.Gray@cityofomaha.org
3. District 3. Chris Jerram 402 444-5525 Chris.Jerram@cityofomaha.org
4. District 4. Vinny Palermo 402 444-5522 Vinny.Palermo@cityofomaha.org
5. District 5. Rich Pahls 402 444-5528 Rich.Pahl@cityofomaha.org
6. District 6. Brinker Harding 402 444-5523 Brinker.Harding@cityofomaha.org
7. District 7. Aimee Melton 402 444-5526 Aimee.Melton@cityofomaha.org